ATS supplies tissue for research, to include cancer research tissue, tumor specimens, and normal tissue samples that are used for study controls, diagnostics and pharmaceutical development.
- All specimens are collected, processed and handled as per protocols that are approved by designated IRB and/or Ethics Committees.
- Each sample is provided with a clinical correlate profile that includes gender, age, diagnosis and pathology, medical history and treatments received.
- Custom protocols for prospective collections may also be developed per client specifications.
Research tissue is procured from these anatomical sites:
Breast, ovary, uterus, pancreas, kidney, liver, prostate, bladder, spleen, lung, head and neck, GI (colon, esophagus, stomach), skin, muscle, soft tissue and adipose, brain and nervous system
High quality pathology-verified human tissue biospecimens:
- Diseased / Malignant: Cancer, metabolic disorders, autoimmune disorders, inflammation, nervous system and neurodegenerative disorders, cardiovascular disorders, and blood disorders
- Non-diseased / Normal / Benign
Types of surgical excess tissue samples or salvage tissue samples:
Fresh tissue, frozen tissue, formalin fixed paraffin embedded (FFPE) slides and unstained slides, and FFPE tissue blocks