- What biospecimens are available from ATS?
Specimens are available in normal and/or diseased states. Sample types include: cell lines, formalin fixed paraffin embedded (FFPE) tissue, frozen tissue and fresh tissue. Surgical excess and salvage tissues are also available with characterization details as requested by the client.
- Does ATS supply both normal breast tissue and breast tumor specimens?
Yes, normal breast tissue is available from subjects who do not have cancer, and normal breast tissue is also available to correlate with breast tumor specimens from the same subject.
- Under what ethical standards/requirements are biospecimens collected?
Sources apply for inclusion in our network, and are accepted based on their adherence to quality and ethical standards. We only obtain biospecimens from network sources who have provided documented assurances of their appropriate IRB/ethics committee, licensing, or like entity, approvals.
- Have the individuals from whom biospecimens are obtained provided consent for the distribution of the samples?
Advanced Tissue Services does not collect or maintain biospecimens, as ATS is a virtual research team member. ATS recognizes ethical standards and ensures that samples are collected under the necessary guidelines set forth by IRB and ethics committees. These measures include informed consent, deidentified samples, anonymous donation, etc.
- What IRB or ethics committee documentation will you provide for the samples?
We obtain written assurances of our network sources’ appropriate IRB/ethics committee, licensing, or like entity, approvals. We will provide deidentified or anonymized copies of these assurances upon client request.
- Does Advanced Tissue Services have licensing or IRB approvals for biospecimen collection, storage and/or distribution?
ATS does not collect, store or perform research on samples, and is not required to have licensing or IRB/ethics committee approvals. To be included in our network, sources are required to provide ATS with appropriate documentation for licensing and approvals.
- Where can I find a catalog or price list for biospecimens available from ATS?
Individual requests are received from clients and potential clients for cell lines and tissues. As each request entails specific requirements, we are unable to provide a comprehensive pricing list or catalog. ATS assesses each request for client needs and biospecimen availability from our source network and each request receives a personalized response from an ATS professional that includes availability and pricing.
- What is your Quality Assurance system and how do you guarantee biospecimen quality?
Pathology and quality assessments are performed by the tissue or cell line source. ATS guarantees that all biospecimens are accurately characterized and of high quality. ATS further guarantees that your shipment will be handled appropriately and you will receive the biosamples in good condition. If you are unsatisfied, please contact us to arrange for a return and exchange.
- Does ATS require a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA)?
MTA’s are only required by some of our network sources. If a MTA is required by a particular source from which you will receive biospecimens, ATS will facilitate the process in an expedient and seamless manner.
- Do you provide primary cell lines derived from human tissues?
ATS not only provides primary cell lines that are derived from human tissue, but also live cell cultures, and FFPE, frozen and fresh human tissues. Each request for biospecimens is handled individually by an ATS professional to provide the cell line and/or tissues that will fulfill a client’s needs.